Wednesday, May 7, 2014

New Orleans Food and Drink

A month ago, my oldest surprised me with a trip to New Orleans!
What a wonderful weekend that was!
We do travel so well together, as we both love meandering around,
no plans, and few maps.
Photos, food, sights and getting lost are the best of destinations.
Yes, we are THOSE people who take pictures of nearly everything we eat!
Don't be hatin'!
Enjoy and salivate, my friends!
Blessed beyond measure!
 No caption necessary!





 
Mid morning pit stop at the Napolean House
I had a bloody mary and V had a Pimms cup...which was quite yummy.
               (I didn't eat the added okra or green beans tho!)
However we did get to go cups!
 
 
Fruit, meat and bread for a quick snack while meandering.



Yes, they sat me in a banana tree!
This was so funny that other tourists were taking pics of us under that danged ol banana tree!

 
 
My view:
 
 
 
 
 pretty tired, but these oysters on the half shell were incredible! As was the iced tea!!!!

 Dinner around the corner......OH MY GOODNESS!  We splurged and splurged!  Wonderful!
We always seemed to get to the eateries right before the rush!  EVERY MEAL!!!
 Something with crab....just had to sop up all the juices! And lick our chins and fingers!
Followed by fried seafood!
 The first beer I actually liked!
 Lunch the next day in the Garden District at the Butchery! (Cochon)    YUMMO!
 BBQ oysters!  Sooooo Good!
 All kinds of different meats!  Amazing tastes and textures!

 Had to get a salad in on this trip, just to be healthy... so glad we did!

 My pretty companion!
 Cocktails!  All Done for her, Bill Jones for me.
 Sweet potatoes!
 Mac and Cheese
Rabbit Stew


Best place for breakfast!

 Yes, you can have an alcoholic beverage on the street while waiting for your breakfast!
 Sat at the bar.  Mimosa for her and , bloody mary for me.....hmmmm I never used to like them.
 Shrimp n grits.
 Gotta have biscuits and bacon.
 Bananas Foster French Toast!  Yes!  We shared everything!!!!!



Afternoon stop at Envie to have a white Russian with espresso!

I love this girl so much!


 
 
 
 Breakfast the last morning!  We were two hours early for the bloody mary bar, so we had coffee and a scrumptious baked donut while we sat and talked and waited!


 Oh My Goodness!!!  Bacon, cheese, horseradish.....all the toppings you ever wanted in a bloody mary!
 Love you sweet girl!  Thank you f or yet another time of my life!
 Omelet and grits before the plane home!
She had grits and eggs and crispy pig's feet Benedict....surprisingly great!
 

 

What a wonderful adventure!
All because the oldest loves to travel, but after seeing the TV show True Detectives, was afraid to come to NOLA by herself..  I am so lucky!
xo Poo, 
Llama 

 

 

No comments: