Sunday, October 25, 2009

GOLD!

Sitting here at the computer, it is hard to settle down and come up with constructive, interesting thoughts. I am so distracted by all the gold leaves outside. Gold, and copper and muted greens and yellows.

God really outdid himself on Fall leaves. It is my favorite time of year! I enjoy the chill in the air and the early evenings, candles and fireplaces.
My garden has died down but this year I am not going to pull up all the left over branches and stems. I want to see what the snow covering will turn them into.

The coziness of these nights will help me to spin and knit up all the gifts I have for Christmas ideas. Namely socks this year as I have found a new passion. So quick and so little yarn needed! Terry's socks are don and am working on a lace pattern for Veronica.

Need to spin the grape juice dyed wool, and I have a sneaky suspicion that I am getting a new maidenboard and large flywheel for my spinning wheel so I can spin extra bulky!

Better stock up on fiber for the colder than normal winter we are supposed to have.
I really want to try both art yarn and very smooth yarns as well as finger weight.
The vet has Icelandic sheep and will sell me both fleece and roving. As soon as I pay them off for Maggie's surgery, I will have to check it out!

I have tons of dye that I want to experiment with from my cyberfriend Dori Ann. Just need to get enough fiber built up that I can play.

Off to late church today as the Pet Refuge Halloween party was too much fun. I love
the girly girls! And I so love dressing in costume! It really is the only time you can go completely insane and everyone looks at you and you truly don't mind!
Maybe that's why God gave me a birthday the day before Halloween!
I am also so thankful that my girls have such a love of costumes as well!
Hilary is so creative and crazy! Veronica has always wanted to be the princess!
One year I made a very elaborate costume for her fantasy and she came down with strep throat. Poor baby wore her costume while handing out candy!
Fall.....great memories and great times ahead!
I am so blessed!~

No comments: