Friday, October 30, 2009

Birthday


I don't feel 45. I feel 24. I always seem to feel 24. Must think back on that time and ask why that was such a good age.

33 was hard for some reason, but hubby and great friends from Alabama surprised me with a party. I was really mean to Terry for not being around for my day when he was actually getting ready for my surprise.
I hate surprise parties. Thank goodness my daughters know this. They cannot keep secrets either!

I've only had 3 surprise parties in my life and I knew about two of them.
Faking surprise is horrible!
Last year the girls did surprise me with a wonderful gift/day tho. They faked breakfast at South Bend Chocolate and then sent me on my way to a day at the spa. First time ever being so pampered. It was wonderful! Lonely, but so nice!

I have always hated being alone. When I was in high school in psych class, we were challenged to do something that is hard for us.
I spent the day alone. I went downtown Pittsburgh and had lunch alone, saw a movie alone and then had dinner in a restaurant alone. Most uncomfortable day of my life, but learned I could do it!
Now I love my time. Good thing as kids moved out and hubby is a trucker. I have learned many things to occupy myself over the years and am thankful to my mom for the love of fibery things. And the puppies keep me company!

Over all, I am expecting today to be a good day. Breakfast at my folks, hair appointment with Hil and who knows what they have planned for later. Dinner at Japanese steak house tomorrow night with all my loved ones.
And in between, I'll fold my laundry!

No comments: