Thursday, May 6, 2010

traveling by 18 wheels

I am getting homesick!
I miss my dog.
I miss my garden.
I miss my girls!

I am having a good time tho.
I enjoy going with my hubby on the road once or twice a year.
He got a new truck (newer) and it has a table instead of bunk beds.
I really like sitting at the table, cause the passenger seat is REALLY uncomfortable.
It's pretty comfortable too, as a bed.
REALLY not used to the snoring anymore though.
We have discussed that when we retire, we will have two separate houses!
One for us and one for him!
Being confined to a ten foot box for a week... with the potential of another week....is a bit confining!

This really hasn't been a vacation, folks.
The first two days, I helped him organize and move from his old truck into this one.
Not a pretty job in the old truck....I let him do most of that!
I felt really proud of myself tho, for setting up his new home so well!
Met the folks from ATS and his driver manager.
I must have made a scary impression because they comped us a king size room for the night!

Then it was on to Larado TX by way of Beeville TX.
Terry's son, wife and two kids live there.
I was so excited!
We watched 5 yo Brittany play Tball...
HOT in Texas and on a baseball field!
It was so cute!
All the coaches and anyone standing around her were told..."that's my Banana over there!"
They looked at her, then at me... and smiled.
Brittany didn't think there was anything weird or wrong with what she said.....I don't either!
Beau is 3, and is a bit shy. All boy tho! He is such a cutie! Loved hanging on and around Papa Terry!
Papa Terry loved it too!

After the kids were bathed and in bed, Andrew and Bridget and Terry and I talked until midnight. It was so much fun!
Andrew remembers so much stuff about when he would visit us in Alabama....stuff I had forgotten.
He is still dealing with alot of baggage and not really sure of our relationship with him let alone the kids....but he will have to get over that.
Once banana gets ahold of her grandbabies...there ain't no taking that back!

Now, on the road trip part.
In a truck, it is a working truck. This is our lively hood. If he doesn't drive, we don't get paid. He has little choice into where we go. And trucks drive on the highway. It is very rare that I get to shop or sight see but from the window...and a buggy window it is!
Every once in a whole, when he needs to rest, he will park at a nice rest stop where I can read, knit and exercise.
Once in a blue moon, he will park at a mall and I can wander a shop.
That hasn't happened this trip so far!
And the radio he listens too!
I don't really mind the politics, but the gospel bluegrass and 60s music can be a bit much. He's not one to let me listen to contemporary Christian too often.
So I knit and read!
I am almost done with sock #2, and may need to find yarn somewhere in California!

We have not had any fights.....thank you Lord!
The only time I got testy was when there was 16 hours inbetween meals!
9PM Burger King is not that appetizing!

So, the adventure continues.
I am getting some meals out to people over facebook and emails.
I love my team!
I check facebook often!

Right now I am having a cobb salad at a flying J truckstop while Terry is getting his load to CA. It is at a port in Houston and I am not secured for being there.
I don't mind. Getting caught up with stuff.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: