Thursday, April 7, 2011

Finished with Bazar Preparations!


Whew!

I have finished with all of my bazaar preparations!
From the business cards,
to the balls of yarn,
to cute little snow people!

I've found antique table coverings,
and flowers for decoration,
and even sewed a pocket onto a cute little apron!
Don't want anyone walking away with my money box.

I am a bit excited.
I must say that I NEVER thought I would do a craft show
ever again!
Folks don't seem to buy or appreciate quality handiwork.
They want cheap and cutesy.
Hoping this vintage and handmade show will be different.

If I sell nothing, everyone will be getting
a sweater, mittens, hat and socks,
with all this yarn I have spun.

Looking online, I have priced my stuff
about half of what others charge.
First, because I would never pay $7 an ounce for yarn,
and second...I don't believe folks would pay that here.
I do know that I am the only vendor selling yarns and my other stuff.
Only two others have crocheted things.
The rest are jewelry and vintagey decorations.

I will be so glad this week will be over though.

My mom broke her arm last week, and I had surgery on my toes.
Hilary is on vacation in Florida, and my house is a disaster.

I just found out that my two best girlfriends are coming
for a week long visit in May,
and I must finish my family room along with
getting the garden ready for spring

I have missed blogging and look forward
to diving into some adventures
with different wools and fibers and dyes.
Fiber festivals are about ready to begin!

So my friends,
enjoy your weekend,
come see me at the Elks Club on McKinley
if you have a chance this Sunday from 10-4.

V will be helping me out as well as selling
some gift certificates to Selah Day Spa.
Hurry and pick one up,
as I have a feeling I will be getting
a few facials and massages after this week.

I am truly blessed!

No comments: