Monday, June 13, 2011

too busy to be clumsy


I think I broke a rib today.
Well, maybe bruised a few...
too early to tell.
Hard to take a breath.

I was trying to set up the timer to water the Unity garden.
The garden is kind of precarious to say the least.
Bumpy and uneven in a lot of places.
Now add that I can't feel my feet...
whether I am on solid ground or not is a challenge.
So, when my foot twisted, I fell onto my knees,
and rolled.
Isn't that what you are supposed to do?
I landed on my right arm which landed on the underwire in my bra,
which had all of me on top of all of this.
I just lay there for a few minutes.
At least until the sprinkler came back around and got me.

Taking a breath is difficult.
Nothing to do but watch and take care.

Guess I will now have time to finish Hil's sweater
and a mystery shawl I am working on with a yahoo group.


That exercise program, gardening, cleaning, etc
that I had planned will had to wait and see as well!

At least I had a great breakfast time with V at LePeeps before
I tumbled.
Love that old girl of mine.
24 years old yesterday!

She is my calm, sweet girl.
We love reading at Barnes and Nobels,
sharing any kind of coffee,
taking vacations together...at least I do with her.
I think I get on her nerves sometimes whilst exploring a new place.
She seems to hate when I talk to strangers on a bus.

(Fremont troll in Seattle...don't know the girl on his shoulder)

We share a dream of opening a b&b somewhere....
we are the Gilmore girls!
We always looked for cameras in our home after each episode.

Neither of us have very good hearing and because of this,
we each have really screwy nicknames for each other.
LWAV and OWTP
Let your imaginations go wild.

I don't agree with her on everything, but we are working through that.
She is such a together, forward moving, hard working, sweet girl!
She has an unnatural obsession with shoes,
and loves to cook very healthy delicious food.


I just love being her mom!
Thank you God for lending her to me for a bit!

I am bruised but blessed!

1 comment:

Littlest Things said...

I love taking vacations with you! I was frustrated more with the guy on the bus than you!!! MWAH! Love you too much!