Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Trying to Heal




I visited my podiatrist yesterday.
After breaking my big toe six weeks ago,
the xrays showed that it is "trying to heal".
This is somewhat frustrating,
but expected, with my Charcot condition.
Doc is worried that the bone will heal improperly
as other bones in my feet have similarly healed.

I raked the front and back yard this weekend.
I was soooo sore when I woke up the next day.
Everything hurt.
Everything that is, but my feet.
I suppose it would help the healing process
if I stayed off of my feet as much as possible.
But when it doesn't hurt......
You see my problem.
I have confidence that eventually the swelling will go down,
the color will return to normal,
I won't have to go for periodic check ups for this toe.
Complete recovery!
I am reminded that when you are suffering  a cold or the flu,
it seems as if you will never be, or even  remember 
what it feels like to be healthy again.
To have energy, stamina, a clear head,
nothing dripping, and a sunny disposition.
It amazes me every time, when the bug is gone!

I am also reminded of a healed marriage.
For many years it seemed as if I was to be forever unhappy.
After twenty six years tho,
I can testify that hard times do indeed pass.
Growing, changing, learning, compromising, loving...
all needs to happen for a change to begin.
I went to a Joyce Meyer conference this past weekend
with my two best sistas.
We were all so very inspired, convicted, and lifted up!
Cleveland is a beautiful city!
The topic of the meetings was the Fruits of the Spirit.
If you watch the program, in six months,
you may get a glimpse of us girly girls intently listening,
and trying NOT to look at the camera.
Although one of us was chewing gum like a cow...
I won't say who!
One thing Joyce mentioned, is that God works VERY SLOWLY.
You ask for something,
you wait and wait, and wait,
until you think you can not wait any longer.....
then SUDDENLY God works and answers your request.

Rarely does He answer quickly.
Rarely do we ask for things that He can give to us quickly.
Most of the time He waits, so that we will...
be mature enough,
and have enough character,
to handle what we have asked for.

So, after raking my leaves one more time this season.....
I am going to enjoy healing.
I have lots to knit, spin, and read.
Many plans are brewing in the near horizon,
that I will also be maturing for the answers.

I am blessed and broken :)

No comments: