Tuesday, November 1, 2011

weather/clouds


I am a weather junkie.
Clouds and storms fascinate me.
My dad and I used to sit in our garage in Pittsburgh
and watch the storms roll in.
Lightning, thunder, pressure changes, animal reactions.
All of it was awe inspiring.
When a storm threatens I:
1.  gather candles and flashlights,
because undoubtedly my power will go out,
being on the Morris Park Country Club property line.
Inevitably, a tree or branch will fall over the power lines.
2.  stand looking west out my back door,
watching the wind, clouds and storm approach.
I will stand here until the rain threatens to drench my family room.
Sometimes, I venture beneath the overhang on the garage side of the deck.
The other night, I took out the trash and looked up to the sky.
I was struck with the weird formations above.
Did anyone else notice these formations?
The winds were coming from the south east,
and also pushing in from the north.
Fantastic swirls of clouds!
As the sun was setting, the colors of fall and the approaching storm
had me glued to my spot in the yard.
No storm came though, but I had many pictures of the fast moving phenomena.
Maybe I should have been a weather girl!
Blessed by God's mighty, and creative show.

1 comment:

Littlest Things said...

Those clouds are crazy!! I wish I could have seen them but I'm so grateful lil' weather girl mom caught them in photo! You're so cool! Love you loads!