Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 ending in randomness

Random thoughts and actions today.
This was the last photo I took of 2010.
V, Hil and I had dinner at Ginos
before all their partying began.
I wonder what the last photo will be of 2011?

I remembered learning to drive
on a stick shift Honda in Pittsburgh Pa.
Nothing but hills everywhere.
I kept a sign in the rear window for YEARS
stating that I was a beginning driver.
Please stay far away when stopped behind me on a hill
because I roll backward in this stick shift car!

I remembered this when driving Hil's VW this morning.
Even though I have no feeling in my feet
it is so second nature to drive with a clutch,
I can even "hover" on a hill at a stoplight.

The 2011 calendar is put away,
and the 2012 has all birthdays and anniversaries marked.
2012 seems so ... possible ...  with empty calendar squares.
And the calendar is all about chocolate!

Celebrating V's last day at the spa
by eating cookie dough cheesecake together.
I need to buy some vodka and bailey's irish creme
for a cappuccino martini toast at midnight.
I bought some coffee flavored liqueur for a chocolate pie.
Had the hardest time finding it at Meijers.
Shows you how much I drink, when I didn't even know
Kahlua was coffee liqueur.

Either going to pull out the spinning wheel
or finish the weaving on the loom for New Years Day.
Sounds like we are in for quite the storm this week,
so I will have plenty of warm cuddly time for both!
I will continue taking down Christmas decorations...
all but the lit tree, until February.
I will miss all of the jewel toned balls and festiveness.
Come on Spring!

Getting so excited to be with all the family in Feb.
Terry's son, wife and grandbabies,
are joining us and the boyfriends in Colorado!
I will have all the snow angel, snowmen, sledding time
I have been missing with the grandbabies I can stand.

I really miss being able to spend every day,
or even every week seeing them.
Maybe lower Texas will be the place to retire?

I hope for a very happy, healthy,
prosperous New Year for you all!
I will be continuing purging, dieting and exercising!
I am blessed!
Bring it 2012~

1 comment:

Buffy Sue said...

Just remember, if you are purging yarn, you have someone that will gladly take it. Although, I think that my hubby would might tie me up with it ;)