Tuesday, December 6, 2011

new route needed

Took Chuck for his last walk for a few days yesterday,
as I had tendons cut in my left foot today.
Don't freak out!
I had it done to my right foot last year to straighten out my screwed up toes.
No numbing as I don't feel much, if anything.
A good excuse to sit my butt down and finish up some knitting.

But...as for Chuck.
 We walked around the block,
and I noticed that neighbors have been putting up many holiday decorations.
Charlie didn't really seem to notice, until we came to this house.
He grabbed his leash and began to chew,
hunkered down and was really nervous.
I, of course was laughing.
I thought I should let him sniff so next time around
he wouldn't be afraid.
After I dragged him, to Jesus in the manger
with cooing happy tones in my voice,
he sniffed at His feet while I pet Jesus.
Chuck was sort of ok, but wary of Mary.
I rested my hand on her head.
Chuck sniffed from a distance,
while as low to the ground as I have ever seen him.
When I moved my hand from Mary's head,
the movement really frightened him.
So much so,
that he did a back flip trying to get away as quickly as he could

 Now, I suppose,
at least until Christmas is over,
we will have to find another route to walk.

However, Charlie and I will give this home one more go round...
with the video running on my camera!