Friday, June 8, 2012

A Bad Day

It's been one of those days right from the get go.
Don't know why I am surprised.
Change is a very hard thing to do,
especially if you are not aware that a change needs to happen.
Some changes happen slowly without even  one realizing they are happening.
Some changes and consequences spring up on you out of nowhere.
Some are not your fault, but affect your life in every way.

At the end of the day.....
forgive my french....
shit just flows down stream,
and here I am with my net ready to sift through it all.

I don't like being here,
but I chose to be here one way or another.

It is already a better day,
because I put my big girl panties on.
I said I was sorry,
that got me nowhere
except that I did what I was supposed to do,
and God smiled on me because I am learning.

Knitting up a cute little turtle cape and hat
for an adorable little fella that was born last night.

I started a new radical diet yesterday
and am very excited about it!
I didn't even cheat today when I was upset!
This one may actually take!
8 weeks of strict no sugar, fruit, breads, milk or grains.
All the veggies I want and meat too!
And I can have half and half in my coffee!

After an extreme workout Monday with a trainer....
my last I believe...
I can walk almost 95% back to normal.
(skinny little 90 pound cheerleader trainers,
need to know that many lunges and squats
for someone old and out of shape like me
are going to take their toll!)


I hate it when I can't sit on the toilet
or once there, get back up.
Or, can't seem to manage stepping down a 1/2" curb without pain.

(My girls think I'm silly,
but they are in shape and in their twenties!
Not out of shape and near fifty!
Your time is coming my lovelies
when you don't bounce back as quickly as you once did!
It's amazing how one's body shifts and the mind doesn't!)

When I took my 89 year old Mema to "school" Wednesday,
as I kissed her and as I  was leaving,
she grabbed me and told me to be careful on the steps.
Then turned to the aide and said
"she's all crippled up."
I love my Mema!
I am blessed.
God is good all of the time!

No comments: