Sunday, June 3, 2012

Da Bear!

A few miles down the road driving through Alberta Canada,
Terry and I had just videoed a young moose not too far from the road.
He stopped and I took some great pics and video oh her!
(See previous post)

Suddenly, we both saw a black bear!
Terry slammed on his brakes...
not an easy task for a fully loaded 18 wheeler!
We both got out of the truck.
I know, I know!  DUMB!!!
There was a slight hill/decline, at the side of the road.
Terry took off down the road,and I slowly followed,
thinking this was not a good move.
At lease with the moose, there was a bigger space difference between us,
and a fence!

I saw that Terry had spotted the bear.
I quietly came up beside him and took a picture.
When I turned the video on,
I noticed that the hill was smaller than it seemed before,
a quarter mile next to where we had left the truck.
I also noticed that the bear was ...maybe...20-30 yards from us.
I pushed record.

If you are quiet, and the volume is up,
you can hear me say...whispering...
"OK let's go"

Then Terry decides to be cute...
and GROWLS!

Even before the camera is off,
I am running as quickly as I can back to the truck~
I don't even want to see if the bear noticed us!

If he did, and is chasing us,
Terry will be caught first....as the joke goes....
I just had to out run him, not the bear!

Really all I was thinking
was that there was a cell phone in the truck.
If Terry indeed got attacked by the bear, I would call for help,
while in the saftey of the locked truck!
Don't know if a bear could climb onto a large truck,
and disengage the door lock,
but I wasn't taking any chances!

Seriously!
If you are that stupid to disturb a
"just awakened from a long winter's nap" bear,
then you dserve what you get!

Needless to say, Terry was not eaten, and we have a fun story.

So very blessed with LUCK!
Thank you God!

No comments: