Thursday, December 3, 2009

borrowing


I love how my daughter Veronica's mind works.
Her use of language astounds me.
I must borrow her words today. Most of the time she is witty and intelligent. Today however, she was hysterical.

She dropped her car off to get the oil changed and was going to walk to my house for breakfast.
I woke at 8:30 and texted her.
It was raining and I offered to pick her up.
She took me up on this.

I crawled out of my warm bed and threw on some sweat pants,
my winter jacket and out I went,
bleary eyed in search of my oldest daughter.

I was within one turn of the garage when I called her,
thinking that I missed her in my sleepy state.
No. She was still there waiting on me.
She was shocked that I was not awake.
She informed me that she had always felt guilty for sleeping in because she had the impression that I was always up at 5am,
scrubbing the floors and teaching mice to sing.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHA!

I love how she words things!
No. Empty nest has set in, and I stay up late knitting Christmas presents, watching old movies, and find that I allow myself to sleep in as long as the dogs let me.
Most days...9am.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: