Monday, June 21, 2010

all at once!


The big storm of 2010 hit us and this is day four with no power.
My refrigerator is clean and cleaned out.
The shower is nearly cured and waiting from me to christen it on Wednesday.
It make be a shower by candle light!
The weeds are taking over because the mosquitoes are back.

And I think Charlie gave me poison ivy.
All over my neck and face and hands.

However, with no power for tv, computer, radio, or dog clippers,
I have been reading and spinning and studying.
Going to bed REALLY early and waking before 7am.
I actually thought this morning that when the power comes back,
I may just keep things quiet.
I like my own thoughts and the silence.
The oriole family has been busy feeding on grape jelly and meal worms,
chasing off blue jays and crows, and singing joyfully all day.
I have been enjoying early morning hours on the deck with my bible study.
One morning I was in my nightgown until 11:30am relishing in the garden.
The colors are ever changing and I am finding so much joy in the garden this year.
I am blessed beyond what I deserve!
God is good to me.

Just why all the crappy stuff at once...no shower, no power and itching....
Making me relish the great times more, I suppose!
I am His bondservant today....use me Lord!

No comments: