Monday, June 14, 2010

change in direction


I am feeling the need to spin today.
I have way too much going on to take the time for such a luxury
but I suppose that is one blessing of an empty nest artist.

For the past 4 days I have been dealing with the bathroom.
One tile from the shower fell out while I was travelling with Terry.
It didn't get replaced until I got home.
I was worried about mold.
I took one tile out, which turned into four which turned into the WHOLE shower.

Good thing I did this because the roof at some point had leaked
and I did find mold starting to grow at the ceiling.

I also discovered that when the folks built on my family room,
there was a window in the bathroom.
No mold/water proof wall board was used at this time.

So I am remodeling my shower.
23 years ago Terry and I remodeled a beach house in Crystal Beach TX.
A shack really.
Very close to the Gulf a ferry trip away from Galveston.
We took one room and made it into two bedrooms and a bath and kitchen/dining/livingroom.
I LOVED that place.
High up on stilts. Listening to the waves constantly.
Veronica was born there.
I digress.
That is where I learned to tile.
I really enjoy tiling.
It has been very peaceful sitting in the bathtub with my tools
and tile, and adhesive, listening to my music.

All the tiling is done that I can do.
Daddy is cutting the funny cut pieces.
This leaves me with a day before I can grout and finish the shower.
I think I already have a new shower curtain.

I will go into the craft "area" and pick and choose bits.
Card together and see what happens.
I am looking forward to the energy of it.
The mystery.

Tomorrow I will finish the shower
and after the rain I will work in the garden.
All this rain has revitalized the weeds.

Thank you Terry.
For everything.

No comments: