Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Out of the slump.

I have been a bit down recently.
I didn't know the cause.
My girlfriends pampered and supported me,
guided me toward being good to myself.
Italian language began!
I love it.
Posting tiny vocabulary words through the house.
Finding it hard not to speak to others in the words I have learned,
who do not know I am learning another language.
And those I do speak Italian to,
I am trying to speak the English meaning as well.
My daughters have been a bit concerned with me as well.
Could be my 47th bday is approaching,
or the rainy, cold days.
I even went so far as to pop a xanex one evening.
I threw out the rest of the pills
because they expired in 2009.
But, I slept well in a good mood :)
When my daughters heard that my friends wanted me to be selfish for a bit,
they were concerned again.
I am who I am,
do what I do,
help where I can help,
love on who I can love on.
Learning Spanish so I could speak to the kids in my neighborhood
didn't seem like a bad idea to them.
I love them all for loving me so much.
I have actually decided to go in the middle.

When the idea of a women's retreat at church strangled my attention,
I gradually, in the wee hours of the morning,
realized that this is what my friends warned me of.
I put away the plans, and decided to move slowly.
They were very happy.....
that I learned the lesson,
and that I was very excited about something again.
In the end, I figured out what was wrong with this girl.

Last winter I was challenged to begin some spiritual transformation.
In my usual way, I dove right in.
My mornings were spent with the Lord.
My prayer life became a daily journal with concerns and answers for others.
(Something I have NEVER  been consistent in)
I began reading some awesome studies.
(See previous  2010 posts)
Over the past few months,
life has taken a turn.
Slowly, without even knowing it,
I have been slipping.
Appointments, early in the day.
Illnesses or responsibilities.
Not sleeping well then sleeping late.
The Today Show, then Dr. Oz.

Gradually all of these things robbed me of my time with God.
I wasn't journaling, praying consistently, or studying.
One day last week I realized this.
I have been trying to get back to my passion for time spent with Christ.
And I believe HE has welcomed me back with open, always waiting arms.

It is amazing how lost I felt.
It is even more amazing how quickly my mood has changed.
I notice sunsets and fathers playing with their children,
and smiling because of these.
He is placing people in my life again when I ask Him to.
I am blessed again.
He never moved an inch.
He was there every morning with a smile for me.
I passed Him by.
If I could only express how much joy and peace there is to be found in the Lord
for those who don't know, or those who have forgotten.
Things go more smoothly.
Appreciation is abundant.
There are still problems,
but they work themselves out with less tears and gnashing of teeth.
I know I will slide again.
It is human nature.
I only pray that I will remember this lesson earlier next time.

Blessed again!

No comments: