Monday, September 14, 2009

Dreams and Time

It's the dream you had at ten years old
and still dream
that you need to pay attention to!

I finally have time to spin all day long if I choose!
I have time to experiment with dyes and mordants and fibers!
I have time to spend with God in the mornings in the garden!
I have time to spend with friends!
I have time to volunteer my talents and energies!

It just took time.
Sometimes a seemingly never ending amount of time!

It took struggling through the every day doldrums.
It took financial crisis and boredom.
Walking the floors at night with the crying babies.
I kept my hand in my dream,
even just looking through a magazine from time to time.
I learned to look to God to get me through the tough times....and the good times! Occasionally those are the hardest to get through!

I learned that when I am at my end,
exhausted, used up, can't go one step further,
that is when God is going to use me.
I expect it now.
I am at my best when everything in crumpled on the floor!

It is His time and He lets me have joy and peace
and every blessing I have ever desired.
More than I could have ever imagined!
Thank You God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Kris. Thanks for the encouragement found here. -Jennae