Sunday, November 8, 2009

welling over

I am feeling very overjoyed and full today!
At Living Stones Church, we had 14 members baptised today...7 in each service~
I sent Hilary back for kleenex as both of us were tearful throughout!
The Spirit over takes me during anything to do with members being washed clean and welcomed into the family! Seriously, I will cry at an announcement of baptism.
The worship, message and excitement were beyond words!
I even came back to the second service to watch the other 7 being dunked and was glad I did!

My Bible study is on John 12-14 today, and every week I am finding some word or idea that I have never grasped while reading the Bible. Our leader Cynthia is such a meek woman of God. Someone to look to as a great example of Christ's love and patience and understanding!

John 12:47 summarized: it is not the purpose of the sun's shining to cast shadows, but when the sun shines, shadows are inevitable.

The marks of a disciple are John 8:3 the truth and teaching of Jesus
John 13:35 to love one another
John 15:8 to bear fruit.

John 14:12 anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing.
John 14:14 Ask for anything in my name and I will give it to you.
John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you
(Jesus as the Holy Spirit...ya Trinity!)

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as
the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

I am so full of His peace and fall to it daily. The world is so stressful and overwhelming if I let it be.
There truly is no other gift from Him that I need, but His peace.
All else can fall by the side, but His peace keeps me strong, calm, unafraid, happy...peaceful.
There is no other way to describe it. Constant in all of life. If you do not know it, seek it earnestly until you find it~!

No comments: