Thursday, November 26, 2009

First Thanksgiving


This is a first for many reasons.
The girls are hosting their first Thanksgiving at their apartment. I wanted to go out to eat...which would have been another first...but they, Ronni, jumped in and wanted to host this year.
It is also the first Thanksgiving that I have not hosted in many many years.
It is my first empty nest Thanksgiving, and I must admit that I did not handle that too well.
There are boys involved now, and adjustments need to be made for them and their traditions and family. Just wondering why I seem to make all the adjustments.
And granted, the girls were hosting this year, so they got to dictate.
We were to eat at 7pm so Hil and Joe coudl go to his folks for the traditional 2pm meal.
V had a friend visiting from Florida and our total is up to 9 this year.
My sister and her family seem to be estranged this year and no one really brought up the possibility of an invitation to them. Hopefully this will work itself out soon. One less stress free holiday the better...until I got irratable.
I was being selfish. I cooked the turkey this year. Smoke flooded my house for some unknown reason and when I went to check, burnt my fingers on the turkey pan. Punish ed!
Terry was able to be here, which is rare for him. God blessed us with a load right through South Bend and the money isn't bad. He even will be able to stay and help get the Christmas decorations out from the attic!

So, Terry is showered, the turkey smells wonderful, pumpkin cheese cake made, all my casserole dishes, and pots and silverware and drinking glasses are at the girls'.
Time to pick up mom...dad and mema are already there.
I'm a bit tired and have a slight headache...had a sinus infection for a couple weeks. Terry will make sure I keep my mouth shut!
I am blessed!

No comments: