Friday, February 18, 2011

Kinds of Love


As I was studying this morning,
I learned something very interesting.
I am so often surprised
by lessons learned from the Bible.
The kind of slap your forehead,
ah ha kind of lesson.

Today I learned how men and women
are supposed to love one another.
We all know the submit tos and respects,
but today I learned the differences in LOVE.

A man is given stewardship over woman by God.
He must take care of her.
Says so in Gen 2:22
God presented woman to Adam.

In Ephesians 5:25 husbands are instructed to love their wives.
This love is Agape love
Selfless, Godlike love.

Women are instructed to love their husbands and children
with Philia love.
A learning love, friendship love.

When I thought about this, it began to make sense.
Men are mostly single minded.
When a man loves his wife, it is an all encompassing love.
One that does not get distracted,
one that cares for, provides for, protects and leads.

Women love the whole being.
They grow to love every part of their husbands.
They seek out ways to better know them.
They find out what pleases them,
how to really understand them.
A wife serves her husband, and depends on him.

Friendships are what drives a woman.
That is why we are great mothers.
We seek out every part of our children,
to understand them and help them become great godly people.
When a father loves his children,
it is in a providing kind of way.
A selfless way. An all consuming way.

These are only my observations of what the Bible teaches.
I look forward to your thoughts about it.

No comments: