Tuesday, February 8, 2011

pre valentines funk turn about


I didn't sleep well last night,
so I slept until 10 am this morning.
Made some amazing morning glory muffins last night
and had one and two eggs and coffee for breakfast.
Hilary called to go to lunch at Logans.
Since I had just eaten,
I had a side salad and some rasp tea.
I love lunch with Hil.
Logans is a favorite place...
I stock up on peanuts for the blue jays.
And the conversation is always lively.
Thanks Hil...
Tried going to Lowes, then Ginger Valley
for a small water plant....
I have in my mind this picture...

And I am really in a winter blah..in the mood for some life.
No luck at either place.
Thought I'd try the library.
With no luck there either.
I should have gone to Main, but Frances was closer
and it was snowing.

I am in the mood for a really good, sink my teeth in
novel, but I am frustrated with the lack of material out there.
I wanted The Memory Palace..a Memoir,
but all the copies were checked out and on a waiting list.
I may have to buy that one.
I had to borrow V's card as Hil had mine.
Brought her a chai and got myself a caramel Macchiato.

When I came home, I was a bit disgruntled.
Thinking about the dishes I need to do after baking last night.
I pulled into the driveway
and saw my Valentine gift from Terry by the door.

What a sweet husband I have.
Cheered me right up!
I had even thought yesterday,
while buying my grandson a build a bear,
that I am in the need for a fluffy friend to hug when down.
Perfect gift honey!
That will be the first sight I see in the morning.
Coffee, God and my honey.

For all of you youngins out there...
Find a fella who is willing to surprise and spoil you,
especially on Valentines Day.
Yes, it is a holiday the stores have gotten ahold of.
And yes, you should be telling one another that you care every day.
However, it is so nice for that little extra...
even 25 years later!

Now on to dishes.
I am blessed!

No comments: