Friday, May 27, 2011

Godsmacked today!


I have run out of bird food.
All my fine feathered friends let me know about it this morning.
I didn't wake to their lovely songs, but to cackles
and a woodpecker pounding on the roof.
I high tailed it to the wild bird store and stocked up!
I didn't even finish loading the feeders, when two woodpeckers lit on the bark butter and peanuts.
Blue Jays, catbirds, finches, cardinals, every type of woodpecker and many others, have been feasting since.
Lordy! You would think I ignored them for weeks instead of one morning!

I delivered a CARE meal today and as I was pulling from the parking lot,
a doe crossed right in front of my van,
walked over to the grassy knoll three yards from me
and began munching on some leaves.
I was in shock!
I fumbled for my phone and tried to get the camera running
before she decided I was a threat!
I just took pictures with my mouth a gape.
The fella outside probably thought I had never seen a deer before!

The baby birds are robins in a nest next to my kitchen door,
and a house wren at my folks next to their carport.

Still a gape and flustered!
Thanks for the blessings today God!









No comments: