Monday, May 23, 2011

Unity


I spent the morning at church
working on the Unity Garden.
I must admit that this has been a bit of a struggle for me.

I prayed on the way to the meeting
that I would not jump into leadership,
like I normally do, and then regret it later.

I am so very glad to help, but sometimes my mind gets in my way.

It happened.
No one else was able to step into lead gardener,
and I said I would.

Now, I am not a professional gardener.
I love my flowers and yard, and just the past few years
have I even grown vegetables.
I don't mind making mistakes or redoing when it comes to my yard.

Maybe the unity thing is what settled everything for me.

Everyone has their own ideas how the garden should be.
That's ok.
I like the fact that we can work together,
and no one gets their feelings in a wad.
Just overlook the quirks.
I met a very nice young lady and was joined by three other folks I know.
One man doesn't even go to LSC,
but will be back again on Friday to help.

After today, we are 3/4 done planting.
Some shrubby trees still need to be removed,
and we have a crap ton of tomatoes going!
I am so excited for the little kids at Recess to learn and enjoy the garden.
Thinking maybe we can even teach them how to can
or use fresh veggies in meal planning.

God is good all of the time.
His plans are perfect and work out so well.
I never agree at first,
but am learning to go with the flow more and more!

I had the afternoon to read on the deck and watch the woodpeckers.
Dinner with V tonight.
A bit of knitting with bamboo later.
Life is good.
I am blessed.

No comments: