Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Losing it!


I have been a bit off this week.
Winding down and recuperating from the
50th Anniversary party on Sunday.
Had a tiff with V over a joke,
and I was flustered.
I bought a coffee and then went to Walmart.
When I went to pay my $26 bill of
grapes, strawberries, earphones, tortillas
and nail strengthener,
I discovered I didn't have my wallet.

Told the girl I must have forgotten it in the car.
As I sometimes do after coffee,
I just put my wallet on the passenger seat.
I thought I put it in my purse.
I know I locked the car.
Didn't want anyone taking my overdue library book.

Nope.
Not in the car.
Everything out of the purse, not there either.
Back into Wally, and told the girl, never mind.
I hate that.

Went to the bank and canceled my debit card.
Called Terry and had him cancel my copy of his debit card.
Fretted about having to go to the BMV.

I love my bank.
They suggested I go to Wally and report it.
They have cameras there after all.
I was close to the building
in one of the handicapped spaces.

Off I went...drinking my now cold latte.

When I went to the door, the girl's walkie talkie was not working,
so I went to customer service.
There was my tiny turquoise wallet!
I seriously was so happy,
I wanted to jump the counter and hug the girl!

Nothing was missing!
Not the two signed checks that totaled, $59,
not the insurance card,
not my driver license or library card,
or either debit card!
And the camera card with all of the anniversary pics
was right where I left it!

There are grand people out there...even at Walmart!
Thank You Jesus for my wonderful luck!

I have transferred everything,
but the debit cards,
that I will have copies of in a week to ten days,
into a LARGE pink wallet that I cannot lose in my purse
or overlook on the passenger seat!

Truly blessed!

No comments: