Saturday, September 24, 2011

now.. life...today


It's raining today.
We are caught in a pinwheel of a system
that will begin to end, maybe on Wednesday.
We need it for the lawns and over dry gardens.
I needed it for some pre hibernation.

I love autumn!
Hunkering down and in.
Spinning and knitting seem more appropriate.
Settling in within.

Looking forward to brambling around the forests,
getting caught up in all the fall colors.


Green is so invigorating.
Orange, red, yellow, bronze,
are all comforting.
Time for discovering all the things
we did not have time for during the spring and summer.
Time seemed to have flown again.
I enjoy the business of outside,
activities that don't happen under the snow covered blankets.

But now I am ready for the cold.

Continuing to spin the orange/red/blue sock yarn.
Think I'll triple ply the skeins.

Loving how comfortable I am getting with core spinning
and looking forward to knitting with it.


Have many plans for sweaters, hats, mittens, socks...
but also need to spin the yarn for them.
Also need to get knitting with the yarns I already spun.

Looking forward to retreats, spiritual transformations,
growing with team members, and upcoming Living Stones babies.

I discovered today that I truly don't like to cook anymore.
I love to make meals for folks though.
Just cooking for one, and then having to clean up
is the pits for this girl.
I was remembering all the meals and planning
when the kids were young, and hubby was home.
Very domestic.
I enjoyed cookbooks and magazines and imagining tastes and textures.
Now I only cook for ministry and happenings.
I truly don't even think of food anymore,
but for coffee in the morning.
This too is a change in me I am accepting and growing with.

I am blessed.

No comments: