Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Moving onward

It's so good to have wonderful friends when you need someone!
To be able to call upon at any moment,
and know that they are there for you.
They are even ready to call out the troops if need be.
They give especially great hugs and wise words you need to hear.

I hope you have one or two of these in your life.

I was down for a bit.
Something came up and I felt alone.
My first response was to call on my girly girls.
They met me for salad,
I dumped all over them,
and they gave me firm wonderful advise.

I do too much for everyone else, and not anything for myself.
I, on the other hand ,
feel like I have way too much free,
lazy uninvolved selfish time.
I enjoy fiberarts and lounging in my back yard.

But I get what they are saying.
Too much of my mental time,
is taken up by concerns for others.

I am only responsible for myself and what I choose to do.
Not the consequences others will suffer.
I can't change any of their stuff to make life easier for them.

So, with the firm suggestions of my wise friends,
I am exploring my options.
Not to include cooking classes, so I can make better Care meals,
not to take Spanish, so I can communicate with
my neighbors I encounter while walking Chuck,
not volunteering at the Milton home,
where Mema spends two days a week.

I joined weight watchers and am committed to eating healthy,
as I usually don't get enough calories during the day...
thus my body thinks it's starving and holds on to every morsel.
I am committed to exercising everyday, more than just walking Chuck.
Here comes the total gym from the closet.
When Hil moves out, I will have a room dedicated to this clunky thing.
Until then it will be in the dining room!

And, I am researching taking some classes for me.
I have always been interested in Art History.
I also would like to learn Italian.
Not much good to anyone but me when I travel to study art.
But that is the point, right?

I am anxious to spin the icelandic I carded last weekend.
I have a wonderful sweater planned for my dad.
When I was a girl, he had a cardigan from Mexico.
My sister and I loved that sweater.
When we were a bit older and in school,
while living in Pittsburgh,
in the fall and winter,
it was the only warm item that was comforting.
I think my sister ended up with that sweater.
But I would like to make daddy one like it.
So many nice memories from my childhood seem to
revolve around that sweater.

Flu shot and mortgage payment, laundry
and lunch with a friend.
I hope I am good company.
I still feel a bit edgy and unfriendly.
Bible study tonight that I am looking forward to.
That has not changed.
I love my church.

And I have talked with God about not wanting to be
distracted from His plans for me.
In fact that is my primary goal to discover.
I know that He wants the best for me,
and sometimes that means taking the time for me.

Thank you for your prayers.
I am blessed!

No comments: