Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sometimes He answers immediately.


I have learned patience.I have been married almost 27 years.
It has taken me quite a bit of patience in this area,
and I have been rewarded for it...
most of the time.

With my advancing years.....
some days it feels more advanced than others
and I am only 47...
I have been studying and growing and transforming.
And boy howdy, do I make my share of horrible mistakes!

As I have been learning to lean on the Lord more often than not,
it worries me when loved ones act out in their frustrations.
For some reason, I have always been able, for the most part,
to see things from a different perspective...as an outsider.

My prayer this morning was that the world seemed
to be fighting with me and those I love.
How do I stay  focused on God,
and let others understand that in their current situations,
doing the same would help them;
without sounding like the dreaded church lady that they call me?

I then proceeded with my study of Grace by Charles Swindoll.
The chapter I am reading is
Grace: Up Close and Personal.
Swindoll quotes C.S. Lewis in Mere Christianity:
"The real Son of God is at your side.  He is beginning to turn you into the same kind of thing as Himself.  He is beginning, so to speak, to "inject" His kind of life and thought...into you; beginning to turn the tin soldier into a live man.  The part of you that does not like it is the part that is still tin."

My tin today is abrasiveness...claiming the grace to respond to what I encounter.
Tactfulness is the antidote.
Tact is like a girdle.
It allows yo to organize the awkward truth more attractively!

Wow!  Do I need more than one kind of girdle!
Another blog on that later!

It is important to speak the truth forcefully and clearly,
yet in a nondestructive manner.

So overall, my immediately answered prayer is
that I need to be more tactful.
Don't use the Word in the heat of the moment,
and hope that when they calm down
they will remember what I suggested.
But to lovingly encourage with the truth.

So look out family!
Love is coming your way!

No comments: