Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Inspired again!


It has been since before Christmas
since I have sat at the spinning wheel!
I have been doing A LOT of knitting....
presents for the grandbabies,
(funny looking over a chair...
but it fits my granddaughter perfectly!)

hats,
hoodie for chuck,
a toe sock when I broke my toe,
socks for Hil...
(that I may have to claim for myself...
as they are only 5 inches from the toe until complete
and really really cute!)
and lots of baby prop items.
Hopefully will show a photographer or two
some of my work to use in infant photos.
Very fun.

But I must say that I have been very restless the past few days,
and actually BORED!
Went over to  BN today for a cuppa and a peek at a few magazines.
I was gloriously inspired to drag the ol wheel out again.
It really has been some time.
I cleaned all the moving parts,
had to tighten a few loose ones,
and have discovered that I need to get my muscle memory back.
I have plied three skeins of icelandic that I had been working on,
now, I wonder what I will spin.
I have tons more icelandic for a sweater....
yes, the one I wanted to make for my dad.....
but I also am inspired to try something more colorful and wild.
Maybe I'll try some wrapping,
I have such beautiful fiber ready to use, since cleaning my space!
Round and round and round  I go....!
Blessed to be able to create.
Thanks honey!

No comments: