Thursday, July 12, 2012

Poodles with an Oiy









I miss my poo today.
The blog title is what I call her
or PWAO
This comes from the Gilmore Girls tv show.
We swore that the writers were recording us somehow,
as we could see our lives portrayed here.

She calls me Llama.
When we went to visit colleges,
Grand Valley State University actually,
we spent the evening there in the dorms.
I believe we were the only ones who stayed this weekend.
We watched That 80's Show in the common room.
It was an all night marathon!
At some point we were walking on campus,
V said something to me,
and I  heard "the llamas are vacuuming."
We laughed and laughed!
Now I am llama or LAV.

Silly things and nicknames and a lifetime of memories.
Guess I am a little homesick for my oldest today.
She went to Austin TX yesterday for a week.
She is scoping out the city as a new place to live come January.

I already miss not being able to all her up and meet for coffee,
or reading magazines together at Barnes and Noble.
She has been moving forward with her life, and I am so very proud of her.
Breaking those apron strings is always harder on the mom,
but I think I am doing really well.

Both girls have their own ideas tho, how I am moping, pouting or judging.
Most of this is in their own heads though,
because I really don't want to be in charge of their lives any more.

We used to text good morning every morning.
Good night or I'm home when they finally got safely home.
I worried for a while.
Now I know that if I hear something, then I should worry.
I do miss the texts too.
Life moves forward.

Went through the empty nest when both girls moved in together a few years ago.
They decided to break me in one swift blow.
I am so very glad that they have their relationship too.
Things are always changing.
I am loving my own time, friends, plans, adventures.
I just really love spending time with my two favorite people too.

Here is to knowing that God has a plan for my girls.
V will thrive or not, in a new city.
If so, I will visit.
If not, I will always be around for hugs and a shoulder.
I know she knows that.
I also know that being independent is the most important thing to her right now.
Hopefully she will realize that family is as important as independence too.

I also know that she is flower frog shopping for me now in TX too!

Have fun poo!

No comments: