Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Olds College day 2

Not much time to write today, as I have tons of homework!
Lots learned tho.....mainly how and why to spin worsted yarn.
It is different than spinning woolen for different reasons,
that I will explain later!
Took back to hotel, some sample skeins of romney, coopworth and
spun in the grease coopworth wool (dirty, not washed)
to wash in the hotel sink.
It is all drying on my hotel door.

My homework is to divide 150 yards of prespun wool for dyeing Thursday into
25 equal skeins.
This will take some time.
First I have to divide 150 by 25.
Then because I discovered that the niddy noddy I have been using,
and thought that it measured two yards of yarn,
actually only measures three yards.
Not only to I have to remeasure my prespun skein
with the newly acquired one yard niddy noddy,
but I have hundreds more yards of yarn at my house than I thought I did!

P.S.  A niddy noddy measures how many yards from a spinning wheel.
Then it gets rolled into a ball, or it could stay in the hank right off of the tool.

A measuring I go!

No comments: