Thursday, October 4, 2012

forward


My daughter is a writer.
I have enjoyed reading and proofing her writings for many many years.
I have so loved seeing her skills grow.
Her body of work change.
Her dreams grow and flourish.

I recognise in her, the matured version of my own dreams.
She is about to begin her life.
I haven't read her thesis yet.
She won't let me until it is completed.
She wrote about her life growing up.
Her selected memoirs.
She had shown me a few short snippets,
and they warm my heart.
I assume that she has also written some unflattering things,
but I look forward to her "take" on life.
The life she lived.
I know I was and am not perfect.
None of us are.
That may have bothered me one moment long ago.
Now I understand that people live their lives through their eyes.
I do the best I can with what I can,
and leave the rest for others to live.

I crave for my writer to create more Carl.
The lovable, sad, beautiful six toed monster that I can see.
He needs to be a children's book series,
and an adult novel.
I dream of Carl.

I love the book groups I made the girls join
at Barnes and Noble when we homeschooled.
I loved teaching creative writing
to the eight children in our homeschool group.
I loved reading the Borrowers, Trumpet of the Swan and the Goodnight Book
every night to the girls before bed.

She is my hero.
Stepping out into a new life.
Exploring and facing her fears, and dreams.
Not being afraid to be alone in a new city,
try for what she believes she can do,
and what she loves to do.

I won't tell you where to find her writings,
that is for her to divulge,
but I follow her in my blogroll.
You have to hunt a bit,
to find all the works and thoughts she is inspired to write.
There are more than one.
If you do discover her though, you will not be disappointed.
You will be as eager as I for her to succeed.
To live in her world for a time.
In her words and thoughts and future.

Fly away little sparrow, spread your wings, discover who you can be.
I have my eyes wide open and my heart as well!
I am your biggest fan!

No comments: