Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Who's the crazy one, I ask you.


While trying to find things to do with myself,
hoping that the vet will call,
which means he is shearing sheep today
and I can come participate...
I decided to run to the grocery store.
As I was checked out and walking towards the exit,
Krogers had set up a table with cookies near by.
I was avoiding them, so I was as far to the right
near the registers as I could get.
There was an older lady on the opposite side of the table,
I believe replenishing the cookies,
as I had seen her when I entered the store.

Well, there was also a lady heading towards me, between me and the table.
I assumed she was just getting to the store and stopping for a sweet.
She banged her cart into the table.
She backed up,
and banged her cart into the other woman's cart.
Then the colorful language started flying!
"Of course everyone has to get into my (*&^(&*U%R)*&^ way today!"
I grimaced and tried to exit as quickly as I could.
I had a thought to tell her it would be ok,
but this was a fleeting thought.

As I was putting groceries into the trunk,
I noticed bad mood, putting her groceries into her trunk.
Then I noticed her heading out of the parking lot,
but her trunk was open.
As she flew by me, I decided not to mention her trunk to her.
She stopped a little ways away, got out and closed the trunk.
By this time, I was in the exit lane to her left.  I waited for her to leave,
because I was was pretty sure she would not stop
let alone look to see if anyone was coming.
And she didn't.
As she blew through the stop sign and someone was leaving from getting gas,
Grumpy laid on her horn and started giving this car the finger with both hands.
Even after she was at the light exiting Krogers, she was letting the bird fly freely.
Well, I decided I needed to follow her home, just in case there was an accident.
I followed her onto McKinley, then we turned onto Logan,
and she turned onto a side street past Jefferson.
I was asking myself what would happen if there was an accident?
What would I say let alone do?

I was about 4 car lengths behind her with no one between us.
I saw her left turn signal, then she changed her mind and turned right.
I thought maybe she had seen the Gold Granny Van and knew she was being followed.
So I passed her street and went up a block.
I was scared.
I was also searching for her on the following blocks
but she had disappeared.

My lucky day, I hoped, and thought that I was indeed crazy
for following her in the first place!

As I went home, there was an accident at my turn on McKinley and Manchester.
Cops were already there, but one car involved was in the lane as I would have turned,
and another car was going the opposite direction, but I could not get through.
I was half turned and stopped, praying crazy lady wouldn't slam into the back of me.
As I eventually made the turn, as the driver was getting back into her car,
I saw her face.
She was very upset, and looked like she was going to have a melt down
as soon as she got into her car.

"What exactly are You trying to tell me/show me Lord?"
I said a quick prayer that this young girl realized
it was only the front headlight and bumper that was damaged,
that crazy lady was home safe, taking her medication, and that she had a better evening
and that my bank teller was out of pain from her dental work, as she could not take medications
because of  other meds she was on.

I sit now, waiting patiently, again for the vet to call me.
Should I call?
If he doesn't call, is that a sign I should stay put in my safe home,
and don't use any sharp knives to cut ANYTHING?!
I'll stay away from my bone chewing squirrels, and attack sparrows too.

I am so blessed!

No comments: