Monday, October 1, 2012

I've been away too long...

Larkspurfunnyfarm
Farm-tales
Shopdog
unautrejoursolitaire
savylunabugg
all of these   @.blogspot.com

I seem to have been very busy doing nothing these past weeks.
Today I sat my butt down and paid bills,
scheduled things on my calendar,
and read the blogs I have not had time to read.
All the above make me happy.
I subscribe to many, but these few caught my attention.
I could spend hours living vicariously in these words written by others.
Most of whom I have never met.
Some of which I am very close.

I was feeling a bit down yesterday, and old.
I took a fall drive and so enjoyed the early changing colors.
These are the  colors you notice most.
The earliest colors.
As most everything is still a fading green,
when you see the brilliant reds and oranges  sprinkled inbetween,
you really take time to notice them!

After walking around for a couple of hours at an antique show,
my feet began hurting alot.
I go to the foot doc on Wednesday,
after getting a cortizone shot three weeks ago.
It helped a little.
Not as much as I had hoped for.
I am fearful that doc is going to want to do surgery.
Way too much going on until after the first of the year,
so my plan is to pamper my poor lil feet until then.

My slight depression happened when I realized
that I may NOT be able to someday have a small farm.
I so want a little place with a few chickens, a few sheep,
a few goats and maybe an alpaca and llama.
Somewhere to retire to, with fall colors, coolish summers,
lots of water in a stream or beach close by.
A place we build to house all the grandbabies,
that will hopefully someday come into our lives.
If not, then a place to host friends for a quiet time in nature and beauty.

It's a bitch (sorry) getting old....
I will be content wherever I am supposed to be.
Take one day at a time.
And dream a little bit of the future.
And read words of other's adventures.

I am blessed.

No comments: