Thursday, October 11, 2012

My friend Bruce

I have known Bruce almost my whole life.....
well, from high school on.
We went to the same college too....IUP  Indiana University of Pennsylvania
that is until I dropped out and moved to Texas with my family.
 
In High School, I could always count on Bruce for the best hugs anyone ever gave.
Seriously, I have never had a better hug!
He was always cheery, always sweet, always the friend you always wanted.
ALWAYS!
 
I know that after college Bruce had some difficulties, and we lost touch when I left school.
 Bruce is the one reason I love Facebook!
He and I are friends again.
He married a terrific lady, Ruth, and they have a son, Smith....
both of whom I have yet to meet, but that is on my bucket list.
 
He has written a book on alcohol recovery, "Understanding 12 Step Programs"
his web site:
 
He homeschools his son.
I admire this man so much!
He truly lives Christ and in such a loving way.
He is grounded.
He is funny.
He is supportive.
This is Bruce on the left, when we were in High School.
His friend Jan is the brother of an old beau of mine.
(How many lifetimes have I lived in this one life of mine?)
 
This is the post that greeted me on Facebook this morning!
 

 
 
 
Bruce Brown Hey - its me your friend Bruce :) I have been seeing a lot of negative things on FB and wanted you to have something positive to focus on ;) You have at least one friend - ME. Here I am smiling and winking at you. Whatever problems you run into today, God cares and can help. If you see something beautiful, feel free to tell Him that you like it :) Have a great day.
 
I have shared this with all of my FB friends.
Enjoy your day!
Know that Bruce and I are on your side!
I am so glad he is on mine!
I am blessed!

 

No comments: