Monday, August 31, 2009

hummingbirds

I was reminded yesterday about an event that happened last year. As I was filling the hummingbird feeders, a tiny emerald green hummingbird landed on my finger. He sat there about 90 seconds while I held my breath statue like. Then he flew off to the butterfly bush in the yard!

WHY and HOW could I EVER forget that happening?
What does it say about me?
Have I gotten too busy with mundane ugly everyday life that I would forget that special moment God allowed in my life?

Why is it that when you live near the ocean, after a while, you forget the sound of the waves and just don't hear them any more?
Living everyday able to see the sunrise and sunset and you don't take the time to do so?
In the fall, the first leaves are so amazing, but they all still change until there are no leaves to fall any longer. The colors get "normal"!
The first snowflakes are little miracles, but after two weeks, we only see slushy hinderances!

The secret to gratefulness is to change your perspective. Sometimes this may require standing on your head!

Be grateful today about everything!

No comments: