Sunday, January 10, 2010

peaceful


I had a very peaceful day yesterday.
Good thing because the day before, I felt like biting everyones' head off!
Funny how one comment or person can annoy you to the point of it affecting your whole day.

I woke up feeling as though I had to accomplish something!
I rarely have nothing to do, so today felt unusual.
I checked emails, did the few dishes in the sink and hovered.

I had been to the library earlier in the week.
My book selections were from diet and exercise, to finding sea glass and it's history, and the new Dean Koontz book Breathless.
I love Koontz' writing style.
Stephen King ish, but his character development is phenomenal!

The snow had been shoveled and coaxed from the roof,
both girls were working and the parents seemed content.
I settled onto the couch in the dining room,
with a cup of Michigan Cherry coffee, pumpkin seeds and my book.

I usually have the tv or radio on.
Mainly for some noise in the house.
Quiet and I are not the best of friends.
However, this seems to be changing.

With feet of snow outside and me inside, I didn't feel the need for noise.
I felt cocooned and protected.
As I read, I felt myself drift into the scenery of Colorado.

I daydreamed a bit of owning an inn in Maine,
complete with farm and thriving fiber business.

Charlie slept on my lap,
then on my shoulder so he could better see the outside world.
I was not tempted to doze.

My folks invited me to see a movie with them, which I enjoyed.

I came home and plyed together a mystery challenge I had started the week before.
For as difficult as this was to spin, with its pieces of ribbon, bits of crinkled green aluminum icicles, and different fibers, when I plyed it with romney it turned out rather well.

Charlie and I went to bed early and I dreamed of buying slices of all kinds of fudge!

No comments: