Sunday, March 28, 2010

feeling faith



How do you feel that God is present in your life?
I know that He is always here.
I also feel distant at times.
I feel Him more in the garden with me
or when I am really involved in studying the Word.
Does a church affect how you feel?
A certain preacher or committee you belong to?
Should you church hop when you feel distant?
Or should you hang in, and hold on, and dive in where you are at?
If you have a really non eventful life, do you depend on God less than someone who has pain and difficulties?
Is that the only time you lean on Him?

What advice would you give someone?

I have a facebook friend who made a posting about love.
Not that I agree with airing all the private thoughts on facebook,
but her query was on love.
In love with one who is in love with another.
Someone else, loving you but you not loving them, even though you should.
I gave her "advise" about love being a deliberate choice.
Your heart only knows what it knows.
You must use your brain and choose to love.
Choose daily.
With your thoughts, words, and actions.
Every day!
I must say that again....choose every day to love.
One day it will be true and nothing will be able to break that love.

Is it the same with a relationship with God?
Daily get to know Him because it truly is up to us to make the move toward Him every day. He is already there.
Chose to talk with Him.
Choose to listen to Him.
Choose to spend time with Him.
Eventually you will feel close to Him again!
The world takes so much away from us!
There is never enough time.
But what better way to spend the day than learning to love again!

Now, telling this to a friend who is out of sorts with God.....
Pray for me and the timing and wisdom for words so that she will hear!

No comments: