Wednesday, March 24, 2010

good life


I am blessed.
I have a good life.
I am very happy.
My life is definitely a choice.
We chose to raise our children by me...stay at home mom.
We chose to home school our daughters.
We chose that Terry's career be an over the road truck driver.

Every choice we made had it's ups and downs.
We have never had a lot of money.
God has provided for our every need and most of out wants.
I love our church and church family.
I feel blessed to lead a ministry with meals.
I have a great team.

My interests are very earthy...and inexpensive for the most part.
Knitting, spinning wool, rug hooking, cooking, gardening, flowers, antiques....more like trash hunting and fixing up, yard sales, reading.

I can sit at a bookstore for hours and never get bored.

I love to play with my dog and teach him new tricks. He is a cutie.

I have the best daughters in the world.
I wish for them a great lasting relationship with each other.
I wish for them great friends.
I wish for them a great relationship with the Lord.
I wish for them peace.

All this comes in time and through struggles.
The main thing that I have learned is that life is very long.
Nothing lasts forever....fear, illness, hard times.
And when it does seem to last a long time, God will provide a way through it.
Sometimes His provision is the ending of the pain.
Sometimes His provision is a lesson that needed to be learned.
Sometimes His provision will be a reward in Heaven when His kingdom is complete.
Any of these ways, if you have God, you have peace and joy.

I live for spring summer and fall days in the garden.
I always feel closer to Him when I can be outside.
In the winter I seem to rest in Him.

I am looking forward to working with him over the next three seasons.

I have a good life!

1 comment:

Very Sleepy Girl said...

This posts warms my heart!