Thursday, March 25, 2010

How do you become who you are supposed to be?


My daughter is struggling with who she is supposed to grow up to be.
Continue with school, get a second job, move, stay, find a fella...?
It is frustrating watching her.
I know that good things will come to her. She is amazing!
I also realize that I can't decide or even help too much which direction she should go.
I am here for her to bounce things off of.
I am trying to learn to keep my mouth shut unless it REALLY needs to be said.
She is an excellent, quippy writer.
She loves to travel and have adventures.
She loves to read, especially deep, hard to understand British literature.
She thinks she may want to be an English professor, but needs her doctorate for that...which she can get.
School is not challenging her now.
Her job is not challenging her now.
Her life is not challenging her.

I hope she can narrow down exactly what will make her happy and then dive all in to that.
Many things will change over the years.
You can never go wrong with and education.
I love that she is in the same town as me!
I will understand if she has to move, but hope that is not her first choice.

I feel blessed that at age 46, I am doing what I love.
I have narrowed down my arts to 3....or so.
I have been passionate about fiber all my life!
Now....to make any money at it!
Someday on a farm with fibery critters and some fiber machinery.
Travel to fiber shows selling my wares and services.
Maybe a B & B down the road with wonderful gardens and walks in the country.

TO dream big is the challenge.
To make it happen, just takes determination, time and money.

Good luck V! I love you so!

No comments: