Friday, March 4, 2011

Sirens


There have been sirens blaring for half and hour now.
Chuck has howled silently...
he doesn't seem to know how to make anything but air
come out of his throat when howling....
and is not exhausted from the effort.

I woke this morning to the sound of rain.
I love rain!
I love thunder!
I love storms!

Someone, somewhere is in trouble right now though.
Sirens warn to look up and watch out!
We are coming through and there is no stopping us.
We will run you down to get to the emergency.
So pull over and stop!

Tooth pain generally means get to the dentist.
Sinus pain generally means..for me anyway,
get on antibiotics and sniff some eucalyptus.
Loneliness means it's time to call a friend and have some coffee.

I have been reading Tangible Kingdom by Hugh Halter and Matt Smay.
I am getting excited about living life as Jesus lived it,
not like the "churchy people" have always lived.

These times they are a changin...
The thunder is warning of the storm to come.
Sirens are howling all around.
It's time to take notice and look up!

And while my sinus infection heals,
what I want to do is lie on the beach and soak up some sun.
I will instead, spin yarn on the Kromski,
dye in bright colors,
and be on the lookout for the next step!
I am blessed!

No comments: