Sunday, May 27, 2012

Bug Splat Windows

I enjoy watching the first Men in Black movie.
I especially get a kick out of the opening scene.
As I have been riding with my hubby in his 18 wheeler
every other year or two for the past 10 years,
I have seen my share of gutsy windshields.
Not a nice thing.
Especially when your only photo opportunities
are looking out the front window.
Trucking is not a sight seeing, stop in every cute little town, type of travel!
99% is from the freeway, in industrial zones, at high rates of speed,
and sometimes in the wee hours of the morning when nothing can be seen anyway.

Now, I must make mention that every trip I have taken so far,
my wonderful husband has done everything in his power to make my trip enjoyable!
He plans down time, tries to find the cleanest truck stops,
takes me to dinner or breakfast instead of a diet full of sandwiches
made by me on the road.
We have made pit stops in the desert so he could dig up a cactus for me to take home,
we have been to see the aliens in Roswell,
we have taken ferry rides to Newfoundland.
This trip, he stopped many times for photo opportunities that I will share in other blogs.

The day after we left corporate, and were about to cross into Canada,
I was dismayed at the bugs already on the 2000 mile windshield.

I began to rain a bit.

                                     
If you know anything about bugs on windshields, you know that rain does NOTHING!
They actually make a full strength bug wash for truckers.....
yes, I bought some!

However, I believe that God wants to great you your hearts' desires.
This light rain allowed me to view the first few miles into Canada.
                                    


I felt so blessed.


As time went on however, I had to clean my own windows.
After a while, instead of continuing to get angry,
I found it funny that my camera was focusing on the splats
instead of the scenery.
So here are a few photos for you to laugh along with me.

Unloading in Washington
A cool bridge in Washington


Tried to get the cool rain clouds


Can't even read this sign!

Canada through Terry's window

Through the whole windshield after a bug wash cleaning
Nice sunset, huh?!

No comments: