Thursday, May 31, 2012

Word of the day: CONTENT


Philippians 4:11-13
I am not saying this because I am in need,
for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.
I know what it is to be in need,
and I know what it is to have plenty.
I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation,
whether well fed or hungry,
whether living in plenty or in want. 
I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

CONTENT:  A state of heart in which I would be at peace
if God gave me nothing more than what He already has.

I am studying Experiencing the Heart of Jesus by Max Lucado.
Thank you so much Kristen Ortner for recommending it!

Today I find myself content.
Today is also a good day.
I feel a little icky,
a little bumpy,
headache and just want to sleep.
But it is a good day.
The bills are paid,
the kids are fine,
the garden is gorgeous
with all kinds of birds flying in and out of my view.
Their songs fill my heart!
God is good all of the time!

I find that this is more true for me today that it was in my youth.
Lessons learned because God allowed me the pains to grow
instead of taking them from me.
Looking back, I am thankful for the "No's".
It's really hard to be thankful in the moment though.
As the years creep up and over me,
accepting and content are easier.

I reminded my family of the good and bad times
we have all come through together.
These seem to make today's struggles less.
By comparison....none of us have the struggles of the past!

My prayer for each of you in contentment!
In your every moment.
Through every tear.
Be thankful that He has given you what He has!
It's hard to do.
Wrap yourself in Jesus because He will suffer with you.
Most times He is the only one who will.
Comfort and Peace to you my friends.

Today I will finish spinning for my upcoming class in July.
I am dreaming of dying the palest of pinks and blues.
Maybe I'll even try some hand painting on silk fibers this week.
For that I may need to take a trip to a fiber festival.
Lots of dreams on this cloudy cool day.
Grateful for them all along with the possibilities.
I am blessed!

No comments: