Tuesday, May 1, 2012

On the Road Again

It has been two years since I came out on the road with hubby.
Mainly two years, because he has had the same truck that long.
The last time I came out on the road was when he got this last truck.
I go to help him set up the new truck and ride around for a week or two
in a fresh, clean environment.
This wasn't the case in the second year.
This time around, he got a 2012 Freightliner Coronado....black not yellow!
Not exactly what he wanted on the inside,
it has bunks and no cabinetry, refrigerator or room for much else.
It only has 2900 miles on it tho,
as his old truck has over 500,000.

When I say getting a new truck, I mean that he is leasing a new truck with the same company.
He is considered an owner operator and not a company driver.

Last time I came on the road, I helped switch trucks out.
Dirty nasty work.
This time, I have done five hours of laundry at the ATS drivers' lounge,
knit quite a bit, and read almost a complete book.

I am freshly showered, legs shaved, make up and hair done.
(this was quite the experience, as I am the only woman around for miles
surrounded by swearing, dirty, very smelly men!
The small door knob lock was all the kept me safe
in this not so ventilated shower area for women only!)

Yes, I am a little miffed about this turn of events.
Apparently, my husband has forgotten that I live on my own,
and tackle most things around the house by myself.
Either he is being considerate, or obstinate, and I believe the latter.

No worries though.
I am very happy to play the lady role.
I do have a VERY sensitive nose.
Really overly sensitive to ALL smells!
Afraid hubby will be showering alot more than he is used to!

We are taking some large farm equipment in to Canada.
Delivering in Dawson's Creek British Columbia at the end of the week.
Looking forward to this trip as I have not been this far north west into the continent before!
Hopefully we will also get down into Seattle for a day as well,
if the load gods are kind to us!


Back to knitting!



1 comment:

Littlest Things said...

if you get to Seattle you must bring me back pumpkin butter from pike place! Or anything really from Pike, perhaps apartment guides...? haha have fun sensitive nose!