Saturday, May 5, 2012

Truck life.


Yes, I am doing laundry again.
Poor Terry has had to put up with a lot from my over sensative nose.
Now the laundry gets put into a garbage bag
and stored under the truck in an outside tool compartment.
I commented that sometimes, after I have been working in the yard,
that I offend myself and hop into the shower directly.
He told me that other people would surely not be offended,
I just have a weird nose.

We have delivered our two loads in Dawson's Creek
and have made it back to Edmonton, five hours back to where we started.
We will load out of Edmonton on Monday heading to somewhere
in Washington State...near the Idaho Canada border.

We have been greatly blessed by this, as these were good paying loads,
and for once, or so I'm told, Tyler, the driver manager who doles out loads,
was kind enough to preload us with this next load.
I sent flowery thank you's to him complete with smiley faces.
Terry made sure that I signed my name and not his....
leaving no doubt whatsoever who sent the message!

I have been enjoying the trip very much.
I have gotten lots of knitting done.
(V, you may get your birthday gift afterall!)

The North Western part of Canada is very flat, mostly agriculteral,
and lots of wet lands. 
We saw a bit of snow still on the ground.
I have never seen so many Mallard ducks, and many other varieties,
with their butts up, bobbing for things.....
Literally, hundreds in the spring thaw puddles along side the highway.


I have seen four deer, a small heard of antelope,
one huge female moose and two large grey foxes.
However, I have not had time to take photos of these, as the truck is way too bouncey.

I have taken photos of funny street signs tho....of which I will post when I get home.
Signs like......Important intersection ahead   ie:  dangerous intersection ahead
                      Squeeze left    ie:  merge left
I love to hear Canadians talk! 
It sounds just like the folks from Fargo!  EH?
Everyone has been so nice!
Those that we see anyway....really an isolated area on this side of the country.

I told Terry that it seemed like I was at Disney World, or in a foreign country...
(I was so excited and wanted to know everything about Canada.)
To which he said...honey you are in a foreign country.

I have at least two more blogs on Canada, but my laundry is done and I need to get back to work!

So very blessed here up in the endless sky country!

No comments: