Sunday, February 28, 2010

bit blue


I know I am ready for spring!
I yearn to play in my garden!
To watch all the little green buds of my perennials begin their migration north!
Time to wake and bless those who see you!
I truly love my garden.
I think it is the most beautiful, relaxing place in the whole world.

Anyone is invited to spend time here.
To rest silently alone or work in it with me.
It brings me joy!
I am never far from my garden once it starts awakening!
I do my Bible study with it, read along side it, eat surrounded by it.
I sit on my porch with my spinning wheel or bag of fleece
and let the hours pass.
My birds are daily friends.
I look forward to the hummingbirds, orioles, and woodpeckers.

I have many things to do today.
I am going on a fiber retreat in two weeks
I need to be emptying some bobbins.
Preparing my home for pet sitters.....hmmmm.
Tackling spring cleaning before the weather turns nice,
as once it does, I will not see the inside but to sleep.

As an artist, who is also an empty nester,
I find that I have a different time schedule than most.
My days are not ordered by time, but by whim.
I have some responsibilities, but most days are my own.
I find that weekends are more for resting now.
When my kids were home, weekends were filled with
adventures and late nights.
The weekdays were for school and cleaning and early bedtimes.
I was never much of a partier, but now I find that quiet weekends
build me up for the creativity of the week.
I just wish spring would be here!

I am so very lucky that my wonderful husband provides such a life for me.
He works very hard and I appreciate every day he gives me.

I have dreams of a drum carder to speed my fiber creativity!
So....I better get moving...stop dreaming of spring.
It will be here soon enough!
A little Michael Buble and the dishes started will kick off the day.

No comments: