Tuesday, February 9, 2010

juices flowing


I am blessed with many wonderful talented friends!
Those I meet with regularly over apple pancakes, and learning experiences,
and those who I follow by their blogs whom I have never met.
If you are curious, float through the blogs I follow.

Today, the snow was falling in huge puffy flakes.
The roads were a bit slippy and the car didn't want to go
where I wanted to go.

I had a wonderful bagel with my girls.
I love them more than I could ever tell them.
I am working so hard on keeping my mouth shut.
I have a very bad habit of making parting shots...which I am not proud of.
Guess I figure, I won't say it to their face because
I will see their eyes roll at my wisdom imparted....
but to their leaving backs,
I get it out of my system and don't have to see the reaction.
Working on that, girls!!!

As I drove to my friend's home, I was a little hibernaty feeling.
Don't want to be out, want to curl up with knitting and tea
and watch the white fluffiness around me.
When I arrived, I was greeted with warm southern hospitality!
Then she taught me what I needed to remember from long days gone by.
Simple.
Not extraordinary.
But it started my juices.
Then I read on Deanne Fitzpatrick's blog.
She and I are the same person, only she has funds and drive and time
to be what I cannot...or have not tried to be yet.
I dream of retiring to Nova Scotia with a small farm with sheep for fiber
and viewing the oceans for inspired rugs!
I try to be inspired by Indiana, but.......nothing has provoked me yet.

So, I am back inside, watching the snow flurries, with a cup of Chai tea
and getting inspired.
I may spin today.
I will probably try to design a small rug for my secret sister.
I need to facebook a few people with
signature quilt invitations for their wedding gift.
I WILL do my dishes first!

I will relish in the juices for a bit.
This is my favorite time of creativity!
Come on snow!

No comments: