Sunday, February 28, 2010

midol


Doing the dishes led to running the vacuum and picking up the dog toys and cleaning off my knitting and yarn that were all around the family room, doing a load of laundry and dusting a bit.

I say a bit, because then my allergies kicked in!

I am one of those people who don't mop the kitchen floor often
because when I do, within thirty minutes, something spills onto previously clean floor.
I sweep, but mop when it is noticeable.
I feel the same about dusting!
If you can't see it, it isn't there!
Dust bunnies are my friend!
Actually they look a bit like combed wool ready to spin!

All that to say, as I was looking for allergy meds
in my kitchen drawer,
I came across five mini packets of midol pills.
Now, I have been in menopause for three years now.
Peri menopause since I was twenty seven.
I have no need for midol.
If you find yourself in my neighborhood with such a need,
feel free to drop in!

Why do we save such things?
Jeans that are three sizes too small, gift bags, to use "someday", recipes on the refrigerator that you will make soon, magazines and books that you have already read,
notebooks that only have a few pages left to write notes in and it is a struggle to find such pages when you need them etc...etc....!

1 comment:

Very Sleepy Girl said...

I am the same way, unfortunately. I need to PURGE!!! Gotta make room for the new things entering my life!