Wednesday, February 10, 2010

blah!


I seem to be having a few more of these blah days recently.
I woke up way too early and fumbled around.
I decided to finish my secret sister's mug rug.
I filled it with lavender.
I am happy with it.

However, my mood is not what I want it to be.
My mom and dad came over today.
My mom was having a hard time coping with my grandmother
who is starting to go into dementia.
Mema is complaining that her pans and coins and snacks are missing.
She thinks someone is taking them.

I have a feeling that my mom cannot handle this turn in my mema.
Mom gets really down and then gets angry at everyone.
I don't like being around her when she is like this.
I try to make it better.
I offer to come and get Mema...now I just have to do it.
It frustrates me sometimes when my folks go to lunch or dinner
and do not take mema.
I believe she is going downhill because she spends so much time alone.
I also believe that she and mom are like oil and water...only the oil is more vocal.

I would like mema to move in with me, when she cannot take care of herself.
Big challenge, but I am up to it.
Quite a lifestyle change, but she is mema.
I cannot let her go into a nursing home while I can care for her.

Going to do a bit of spinning and listen to Beth Moore.
Cuppa tea sounds good too.

1 comment:

Buffy Sue said...

Kris, I think that would be a great blessing to Mema. I wish that I could have moved in with my Grandpa when he was having similar issues, but having a family of my own to take care of, I could not do it. You are a blessing!