Wednesday, September 29, 2010

apples!


I could/should be doing so many other things.]
I need to blog about my trip to Seattle
and my new weaving passion.

But today, before my in depth mammogram,
I am making apple butter and apple jelly!

I love this time of year!
The girls and I, and sometimes a boy,
usually go apple picking in the fall.
We pick a few, taste a few and throw alot of apples.
The is usually cider and some pumpkin purchases,
and always a chocolate dipped pretzel for the trip home.

This year, I bought some apples.
Just enough to make a batch of crockpot apple butter
and with the left over peels n junk, some jelly.
Hopefully we will still be able to pick some.
We are all so busy/sick this month.

When we lived in New York, it was our habit
to GET OUTTA THE CITY every weekend.
The girls were 2 and 4.
We found an amazing apple farm in the Adirondack mountains.
We tasted apple wine, which I LOVE,
and picked about 6 bushels of apples.
For the next two weeks I did nothing but peel and cook apples.
I made apple cake, applesauce,
fried apple dumplings (thank you Martha Stewart),
and jars and jars of apple jelly.
Everyone got jelly for Christmas that year and the following decade.
At least until I discovered grape jelly.

It has been a few years since I made apple jelly though.
However, both the girl's boyfriends adore apple butter.

With today's lovely crisp weather, great music on the radio,
and a great blessed mood.....apple stuff is just what the doctor ordered!

1 comment:

Buffy Sue said...

That all sounds yummy!