Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Walnuts and goldenrod





Today was a blustery beautiful day!
Dad cut down some,
and I mean a garbage bag full,
of goldenrod for me.
I cut all of the flowers off of the stems
and boiled them down into a dye.
No sneezing, only some bright yellow spiders to keep me on edge!
While these were boiling,
I was mordanting wool in alum and cream of tarter.
After everything cooled, I added the wool to the strained goldenrod dye.
Thirty minutes of simmering and they are cooling now,
waiting to rinse and dry.
Probably a project for tomorrow morning.
What a vibrant highlighter yellow this is...
at least on my fingers!

I spun up about 200 yards of walnut from last week's dyeing
and it is very pretty!
Glad I added some brown and pale blue with a hint of navy,
mixed fiber roving to it, mohair, wool, angora mix.
Yummy!
I thought I would be creative, and took photos of the bobbin
with a rose and a jack o lantern flower. LOL

Such a nice day out though!
I feel refreshed.
God is blessing in spite of some tough relationships,
and as a moma bear, I am concerned for Hilary and her slow period at work.

It breaks my heart for her, because I know how much she enjoys her work.
She is so good at what she does!
I have seen people change so drastically!
Women need this every once in a while!
It puts a totally new perspective on who you are...getting a fresh cut/color!
She changes self esteem,
women carry themselves differently
after Hilary is finished working her majic,
and their outlook on life seems different too!
I am so proud of her.
Just praying that she and God can come up with a direction for her!

Soooo...if you need a pick me up,
know someone with a birthday or anniversary,
or just want to be pampered for an hour...give my baby a call!
I'll even throw in a skein of yarn if you like.

Oh this economy makes us all cut corners and pleasures.
My spinning class is on hold too!
Just too much uncertainty.

I am blessed!
Rambling, but blessed!

No comments: